Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Wrecked Again? Fear Again?


God continues to let me work on my fear issue.  “But, I thought we were done with that, Lord?”   
My well broken-in, kid living, mom mobile golden van got hit again.  This time, the new damage happened while parked in the street in front of a friend’s house.  Unfortunately, the sliding door got smashed, missing my “deer” ding just a couple of feet away.  My van has had its share of body work, two visits to the shop in the last four months.  First: Driver side bumper rearranged from a hit and run.  Second, driver side spoiler fell off, my fault (really ought to write a blog on that one J).  (Oh no, I shared too much.  Now you won’t want to buy my van!)   I finally got an estimate from the insurance company yesterday.  I shared my fear with her.  What if the door doesn’t operate correctly months from now?”  Her response, “Well it works now.  We can only fix the damaged body work.” 
God reminds me not to worry about the “what’ifs”.  But I’m so good at the “what ifs”.  What if I find out my husband is in a car wreck?  What if my children have a deadly disease I don’t know about?  What if my house burns down?   What if  Sadly, I usually don’t stop with the “what if”.  I then dwell on the terrible consequences, as if my “what if” were true.  God speaks to me and says,
“So do not worry about tomorrow; for tomorrow will care for itself.  Each day has enough trouble of its own.”  (Matthew 6:34)
How?  The verse right before this one, gives us the answer.  Matthew 6:33   says, “But seek first His kingdom and His righteousness, and all these things will be added to you.” (emphasis mine).


This is just one step God continues to teach me to overcome unwarranted fear.  Check back, I’m sure I will share the other two steps sometime.  I’m sharing this at a ladies’ retreat next week (I don’t want to give all my points away J).  (Wish I could only use “old” material, as if I’m fear- free now).

 (I'm still having problems downloading pics to my blog.  So, you will just have to imagine my dented van.)   

1 comment:

  1. Obviously, having problems with fonts and text size??? Sorry :)

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear your comments.