Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Prepared for Company?

 
When I found out we were having company this week for 4th of July, I prepared for our guests. I cleaned, planned, and shopped.  I cleaned sheets, my WHOLE house, including my disasterous playroom/study.  My girls knew someone would arrive when I cleaned the guest bathroom/oldest daughter's shower (about the only time I clean the shower...oops).  I made a menu and went to the grocery store.  Yes, it can be done (note to myself).  I even bought new washcloths.

My oldest daughter, A, also prepared.  She knew if mom cleaned the shower, her room inspection would shortly follow.  She made her bed and even looked under her bed.  She discovered clothes she had missed, trash, and yes, even a chocolate bunny from Easter.  Her closet, a dangerous place,  overtaken by clothes that had fallen off  hangers, shoes without mates, and piles of duct tape (new fad).  Even though she hated to clean up her room, she loves having guests.

While I cleaned, I thought of another guest.  One who doesn't tell me when he will arrive.  One who desires to dine with me.  One who invites me as a guest into heaven for eternity (No.  Not a guest, a daughter).

The guest:  Jesus. 

Matthew 24: 42, 44
42 “Therefore be on the alert, for you do not know which day your Lord is coming. 44 For this reason you also must be ready; for the Son of Man is coming at an hour when you do not think He will.

Are you prepared?  We don't know when He will come.
pics on my Grandmother's wall

Revelation 3:20
Behold, I stand at the door and knock; if anyone hears My voice and opens the door, I will come in to him and will dine with him, and he with Me.

Are you prepared?  He wants to dine with you.

John 1:12
12 But as many as received Him, to them He gave the right to become children of God, even to those who believe in His name.

Are you prepared?  He wants to call you His child.

Like preparing for my house guests, I must prepare for Jesus.  My preparation for Jesus determines my eternal destination.  I started my preparation when I asked Jesus to forgive me and become my boss.   Preparing for house guests never ends (even though I would love to quit cleaning forever).  Likehouse, my "spiritual house" always needs work.  When Jesus comes, I want to be in awe not ashamed.

What would you change if you knew Jesus would come today?  Priorities? Plans? Purchases?

Are you prepared?  You can have eternal hope.  If you have Jesus, our hope, you can share hope (H.elp O.thers P.repare for E.ternity).
     
Need to prepare?




Linked to:
Good Morning Girls

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your comments.