Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Last Day of Elementary School


1st day of Kindergarten

Ready for Middle School

(Pics from PowerPoint clip art.  I'm still not posting real pics of my kiddos. )

My oldest daughter, A, had her last day of elementary school today.  Wow!  How time flies!  It seems like just yesterday I took her to her first day of Kindergarten.

The first day of Kindergarten and last day of fifth grade have some similarities and some differences.
First:  The similarities
1)  "You are going to drop me off at the door, right?"
2)  Excitement!
3)  Camera ready to capture the moment (pics at home)

Next:  The differences
1) In response to the #1 question, Kindergarten: "No.  Your Daddy and I are both going to walk you into school because that is what parents do" (also had a nine-month-old and 3-year-old daughters in tow).  Fifth grade: "Yes.  Have a great day!"
2) Kindergarten was only 2  1/2 hours each day.  Fifth grade, a full day of class.
3) In Kindergarten, her large backpack nearly tipped her over backward.  The last day of fifth grade, no backpacks allowed. 
3) "A" only knew one girl in her Kindergarten class.  And fifth grade: more friends than she can count (she attended the same school the last four years)
4) I didn't cry when she went to Kindergarten (more emotional at first grade).  I had tears in my eyes at the 5th grade "clap out".  For the "clap out", the underclassmen (if that's a term in elementary school) lined the halls of the school.  The 5th graders walked around giving high fives, while everyone clapped and cameras tried to capture every moment. (I need to get copies of pics. I went straight from work and only had my broken phone with me).

 Is she really finished with Elementary school?  (Where's the kleenex again?) I know she is ready for Middle School.  Hopefully by the end of the summer, I will be ready, too.

Linked with Beholding Glory




No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your comments.